Car Driving Simulator
Advantages of Using a Driving Simulator in Driver Training
Even though using a driving simulator in driver training includes a great deal of advantages for your trainee, forcing instructors often wait to use one. Pupils sometimes prefer to begin their training at a real car and consider a simulator as a game. Yet, a driving simulator is certainly not a sport: you understand the skills you want to drive a car safely.
Get to know more about Driving Simulator
In a good simulator, the emphasis is on traffic participation, traffic rules, and coping with traffic in realistic traffic situations, rather than exclusively on car control. And these are precisely the skills which are the toughest to learn in a learner car. A Fantastic driving simulator has the following properties:
· Skills are trained in a way that avoids mental overload in the trainee. The training focusses on automation of driving tasks, such as equipment changing, lane changing, steering techniques, scanning when approaching an intersection, negotiating roundabouts, entering a street, overtaking, etc..
· A large number of traffic situations are practiced in a quick period of time, allowing the trainee to find adequate driving experience. In a simulator, specific skills can be trained quite effectively. For example, in one hour of time, the trainee can drive in a virtual world and encounter a lot more intersections than during driving at a learner car in the actual world. While each intersection is approached, visual scanning, use of signal and equipment, rate controller, and priority rules could be trained and assessed very efficiently. Deficiency of driving experience in related traffic situations is one of the most important facets in driver training and is an important determinant of motorist safety.
· During a typical lesson in a student automobile, the instructor has little control over instructive traffic situations: these happen more of less random. During course in a simulation, the instructive scenarios lead to well-timed learning moments with a high training value, and guaranteed to happen. A simulation lesson has a guaranteed effectiveness for all trainees.
· A good simulator has a 'virtual instructor', that evaluates the behavior of this trainee continuously. It provides immediate feedback whenever the trainee commits an error. This fast and systematic feedback contributes to faster learning of errors.
· In a simulator, the pupils learn how to drive in a safe environment without stress. The consequences of a mistake are not as severe as in the actual world. Many people today learn quicker and better if they feel safe and relaxed.
A research in the US clearly revealed that learning how to drive in a simulation has positive impacts on traffic safety. The accident rate of pupils trained in a simulator fell to 34 percent of the national average from the two years after the training. This amounts to a decrease of 66% in the amount of accidents in young motorists.
When looking for a driving school, pupils are suggested to see which one includes a simulator. You may learn to drive better and it might very well be cheaper as well.
Get More Info here Driver Safety